Monday, May 17, 2021

May/June Book: 1984

Well, voting on our first book is now over and the results are definitive! 1984 is the winner!

George Orwell's 1984 came in a strong first with twice as many votes as the runner ups. There were lots of good suggestions and we will likely get to more of these in the future!

Results:

1984 - 4
The Screwtape Letters - 2
Atlas Shrugged - 1
Plato's Republic - 2
Saurian Rangers - 1
Brave New World - 2

I am excited to finally read this book because it has such significance in modern society. There are so many parallels between the 1984 dystopian fantasy world and 2021 America (and Europe for that matter).

All forms of the book are accepted and welcome, including hardback, paperback, used, new, kindle, audio books and more. I am partial to physical books, but that's just my own preference.

Let me know if any of you need help getting a copy. If you'd like a new book delivered to your door each month consider subscribing to me on Patreon. It helps me keep the book club afloat, as well as my writing and all other work that I do (and it's very nice).

Feel free to start posting/discussing as soon as you start reading! Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Choice is Clear! July/August is Plato's Republic

 The results are in! Although not many voted, the clear winner is The Republic by Plato.  @premieretat did an amazing video on this book wh...